Freemason Hall Winter Sweepstakes 2011

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
This year FreemasonHall.com will be giving away A complete series from John "Coach" Nagy the Building Builders Series with DVD for the main prize, a value of $78. Two runner ups will win The Coaches Coach: Building Builders DVD. More information about this wonderful series can be found at Building Builders Series - Uncommon Catechism for Uncommon Masonic Education - Volume 1, 2, 3 & 4

There will be two ways to enter. The first will be writing an article for FreemasonHall.com to post on the site. Articles can be submitted here Articles should be 400 words or longer. The second will be having 20 (total forum) or more posts and reply to this thread. Posts should be quality posts and have more substance then replying to a thread and saying "me too" or "I agree".

Contest will start November 1st and run until December 31st. Any questions feel free to ask.

FreemasonHall.com Sweepstakes. Sponsored by FreemasonHall
1) GENERAL: No purchase necessary to enter. Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. (EST) on 11/1/2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on 12/31/2011. At least one valid entry must be received to qualify for the contest.

2) TO ENTER: There is one (1) ways to enter this sweepstakes.
Method One (1): Submit through the FreemasonHall.com’s article forum an article for us to publish. Entries must be original and not from published and/or copyrighted material. Any forms that are submitted which contain immoral, dangerous, or distasteful content will automatically be excluded from the contest and disregarded at the sole discretion of FreemasonHall.com. All articles must contain true information, to the best of the participant's knowledge. Any articles found to offer purposefully or blatantly erroneous information will automatically be disqualified from this contest. Each VALID entry provides one (1) opportunity to win. The participant with the highest number of VALID and accepted quizzes at the contest end will have the largest chance of being chosen by random drawing. Enter as many times as you like. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, or for any computer, online, telephone, or human error or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become the property of the forum.com and will not be returned.
Method Two (2) Have twenty (20) or more quality posts, by the end of the contest and enter through posting in our sweepstakes thread.

3) PRIZES: (3) Grand Prize: The Building Builders Series by John Nagy. This is the $78 dollar version, which includes all four books plus “The Coaches Coach: Building Builders DVD. Runner Up Prizes (2) Two runner ups will win The Coaches Coach: Building Builders DVD by John Nagy. No substitution, cash alternative or transfer of any prize is permitted, except Sponsor may, at its discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If a winner cannot accept prize, then prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. FreemasonHall.com supplies prize.

4) WINNER SELECTION: A random drawing will be conducted on or about 1/15/2012. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prizes will be awarded and winners notified first by email and if no response by email within one week, winner will be notified by mail (if an address is available). Winners will also be posted on FreemasonHall.com Sweepstakes Thread for Five (5) days, and announced in the next issue of the FreemasonHall.com Newsletter. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact winner in order to claim prize. Winner forfeits prize if not claimed within one month from drawing date. Representatives of FreemasonHall.com will officially judge the contest. All decisions will be final.

5) ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.

6) GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sweepstakes entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules. The laws of the United States govern this Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of prizewinners. All prizes will be awarded. By entering, participants release and hold harmless sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, prize suppliers, employees and/or agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any prize won. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.

7) INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by sponsors on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses

8) WINNER'S NAME: The winners will be announced at http://www.forum.com/http://www. FreemasonHall.com and at other locations at the discretion of FreemasonHall.com as soon as winners reply with confirmation. To receive the name of the winner by mail, send an email to: webmaster @ FreemasonHall.com. Requests received after 3/1/2012 will not be fulfilled.
The Sponsor of this sweepstakes is FreemasonHall.com
(c) FreemasonHall.com

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I like this contest, it is a win-win. Several of us gain and the Forum gains. :1-pray:
*In my best Miss America voice" If I win these books I will donate them to a local Lodges library collection and show that Uncommon Masons are not Uncommon.:1-smooch:

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
*In my best Miss America voice" If I win these books I will donate them to a local Lodges library collection and show that Uncommon Masons are not Uncommon.:1-smooch:
Well, if I win, I will beg and plead, and ask very politely that Coach autographs the books if I send them too him, and then after reading-, uh, I mean previewing, the books, I will donate them to my local lodge library. This will ensure many "ooohhs" and "ahhhhhs" from the members of my lodge and generations to become. :)

FF Sparky

Hopefully Brother John Nagy doesn't win, if he does the game is rigged...lol

Now to find my crayons and paper and come up with something to write, draw, color or doodle for the win.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Once again I think this is a great idea Jason. It seemed to add a lot to the forum last year and I think it will do the same this year.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I propose we have a swinsuit and evening wear competition! Personally I'd prefer Miss Americas to you guys. HA HA

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I think this is a great prize for the winner. These contests are a fun way to promote good conversation, not to mention a little friendly competition.

The only down side is for those of us who already have purchased Bro. Nagy's collection. If I were to win, I'd donate them to a worthy Lodge, or a Brother. They are worth their weight in gold.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I think this is a great prize for the winner. These contests are a fun way to promote good conversation, not to mention a little friendly competition.
The only down side is for those of us who already have purchased Bro. Nagy's collection. If I were to win, I'd donate them to a worthy Lodge, or a Brother. They are worth their weight in gold.
Us? Competitive? NOOOOOOO.:argue:

And I don't think that's a down side. We would still be posting and by making to a Lodge it has the potential to reach more Brothers than if in a personal collection.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Hopefully Brother John Nagy doesn't win, if he does the game is rigged...lolNow to find my crayons and paper and come up with something to write, draw, color or doodle for the win.
I'm sure he could find a way to relate it to a Master recieving back his own wages. :1-pray::1-pray:

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I propose we have a swinsuit and evening wear competition! Personally I'd prefer Miss Americas to you guys. HA HA
You would not want to see me in a swimsuit. It will be something like this:

I had originally wanted to do more. I was going to have some Amazon.com gift certificates, and other fun prizes. Then again, I wanted a different system too. There is one that I wish I could set the dates for, but it calculates how many new threads, posts, how many replies the thread starter has, how many page views for the thread, and a ton of other factors, like referrals. Each gets a point value assigned to it. At the end you get a few different Top members. But you cannot set a date and it counts from the start of the forums.

BTW, you can see some results http://www.freemasonhall.com/community/xperience.php?go=stats

I think this contest is a great way to get the creative minds working. Many Brothers do not reply because they feel their comments have already been said, well writing a paper just may be the platform for them to voice their thoughts.

As for the swimsuit.... NOT during this time of the year....some are carrying their winter weight and are in need of a few visits to the tanning bed......

What would I do with the books????.... Well I can not lie and say I would donate them, I would keep them for myself..... they would be great references as we labor in life...

FF Sparky

I just recently purchased the books, but I wouldn't mind a set(possibly signed by the great author) for my shelf, as the other set will get used and worn out

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I just wanted to update about the articles before I forget. I'll update the main post when I can get more time.

I wanted to define articles more. I know some may be feeling like they are not Br. Nagy or Gary in terms of writing. So please while I more then welcome thought provoking articles, you can do things like reviews. I'm sure most of read a few books related or on Freemasonry. Give us your thoughts on the book. Maybe you went to a Freemasonry Landmark or Shriners Hospital, give us your thoughts on it. Who knows, maybe you managed to put together a function for your Lodge, or other body that was a success. Why not give us some information on how you did it, what you did, and how it was a success. I'm open to ideas on articles.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Another sweepstakes , if you post 50 quality posts between now and Christmas , you get to fly to Ky on your own dime , pay for a hotel room on your own dime (or you may bunk at my house but you will have to share a bed with me , but hey , that is WIN WIN ) and hang out with me for a day !!! The winner will be chosen by who kisses my butt the most .

J/K ! Brother Jason , great idea for prizes and as always you are entirely too generous .

Another sweepstakes , if you post 50 quality posts between now and Christmas , you get to fly to Ky on your own dime , pay for a hotel room on your own dime (or you may bunk at my house but you will have to share a bed with me , but hey , that is WIN WIN ) and hang out with me for a day !!! The winner will be chosen by who kisses my butt the most .

J/K ! Brother Jason , great idea for prizes and as always you are entirely too generous .

You would have to be the little spoon.....:1-wink-grin:

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I just wanted to update about the articles before I forget. I'll update the main post when I can get more time.

I wanted to define articles more. I know some may be feeling like they are not Br. Nagy or Gary in terms of writing. So please while I more then welcome thought provoking articles, you can do things like reviews. I'm sure most of read a few books related or on Freemasonry. Give us your thoughts on the book. Maybe you went to a Freemasonry Landmark or Shriners Hospital, give us your thoughts on it. Who knows, maybe you managed to put together a function for your Lodge, or other body that was a success. Why not give us some information on how you did it, what you did, and how it was a success. I'm open to ideas on articles.
Those are some great ideas Bro. Jason. I appreciate the compliment too BTW-

LOL!!! You kill me... That is a real knee slapper!!!!

You would have to be the little spoon.....:1-wink-grin:
Oh my... Don't forget to give him these first ... :4-flowers:

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Now that is what I call Brotherly Love. HA HA HA.

I have a set, signed, that I read and I feel that not breaking the spine on these would be a greater injustice to the author than to do it.

Don't know if I'm giving you guys articles but I did just write a paper for Eng 101 about my joining experience. HMMMMMM

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Now that is what I call Brotherly Love. HA HA HA.

I have a set, signed, that I read and I feel that not breaking the spine on these would be a greater injustice to the author than to do it.

Don't know if I'm giving you guys articles but I did just write a paper for Eng 101 about my joining experience. HMMMMMM
You are fully capable of providing an article if you choose to do so. I've read your responses to some pretty deep discussion. I've enjoyed the discourse. You've got game Bro. :3-thumbup2: