Osama bin Laden killed in shootout, Obama says

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinL

Brothers, I'm late to this thread, but having read through to the end, I have to say that it saddens me. I can't say exactly why; it might be that I share the view that none should have to die by the hand of another, except in extreme circumstances, and never should the decision be made with a light, and especially not a celebratory, heart (a decision I myself would never wish to make), or possibly because death is such an integral element and learning tool within freemasonry and its concordant bodies that it's difficult to understand how one of our own could dismiss its sobering lessons. I suppose nothing good would have come from further discussion with the brother in question, but regardless, it's disheartening all the same to know that he was unable to at least respect the views of another - which is, if I may be so forward as to attest, sort of the entire point of the social tenets we strive to live by. My point may be easier summed up if we are to consider the following declaration, beaten into my thoughts through repetition, which we all have on several occasions had the chance to ponder and evaluate:

"...that no man may go away dissatisfied. Harmony being the spirit of all institutions, especially this of ours."

KevinL

By the way, I apologize if I sounded at all too soap boxy. I hate to stand on soap boxes, because they're shaped too much like a perfect ashlar, and of course, the only soap box/ashlar I could ever stand on would be very, very rough. My posts are just my humble opinions.

G

Gary

Well spoken Kevin. For obvious reasons I doubt very seriously that the person in question is a Freemason.

CoachN

Builder Builder
His life and death are but shadows on a wall. Those who focus upon and react to these shadows miss the true source of their projection.

These same people are the chained. Do not attempt to free them. Do not try to change them. They are the dogs and swine of our world, nipping and trampling upon the sacred and precious.

Learn who they are but deal not with their delusions. Make Light of your Work and continue well your Travels Eastward.

F&S,

Bro. Coach N

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
His life and death are but shadows on a wall. Those who focus upon and react to these shadows miss the true source of their projection.

These same people are the chained. Do not attempt to free them. Do not try to change them. They are the dogs and swine of our world, nipping and trampling upon the sacred and precious.

Learn who they are but deal not with their delusions. Make Light of your Work and continue well your Travels Eastward.

F&S,

Bro. Coach N
How is it, that I have the same words, in the same dictionary, as this Brother, but when he uses these same tools...

Well spoken, Coach!

S&F

He is a very cunning linguist for sure.
And lets not forget a "ZEN Master" too.....

I am not as good with the words as the good Brother Coach but I do have a saying when dealing with people like that:

When you argue with idiots, all they do is bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

A

akira12

Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was killed in a firefight with U.S. forces in Pakistan on Sunday, President Barack Obama announced, ending a nearly 10-year worldwide hunt for the mastermind of the September 11 attacks.

"Justice has been done," Obama said in a hastily called, late-night White House speech revealing the death of the elusive head of the militant Islamic group behind a series of bloody attacks in cities across the world.

His death, confirmed by officials in Pakistan, was a huge symbolic blow to al Qaeda, which has been beaten back but is still a threat in many countries.

It prompted jubilant flag-waving celebrations in Washington and New York. It was the biggest national security victory for Obama since he took office in early 2009 and could give him a political boost as he seeks re-election in 2012.

more Osama bin Laden killed in shootout, Obama says | Reuters
I am kinda curious as to why the buried him at sea so fast.....I understand the no shrine bit they are reporting....just seems odd to me.....anyway......a standing ovation to the members of Seal Team VI

Winter

I've been here before
Look at it practically. Where could his body go without becomming a shrine to martyrs?

Oh, and I just noticed his sig. Damn spammers.

G

Gary

Oh, and I just noticed his sig. Damn spammers.
His reply like most of the SPAM responses was a copy and paste of someone else's comment. In this case it was FireMan's...

They generally have nothing to say, so what they do is copy someone else's comment to post along with their signature spam. This avoids initial banning because it goes un-noticed for a while, and somebody is always curious enough to click their links.

I ban them as fast as they register if I find out that's the case. But alas, my hands are tied. I've nailed probably half a dozen this month alone.

G

Gary

Can it be set up that the account has to be verified before they are allowed to post?
There are several ways to do that, most of which have been discussed. The problem is that they either unreliable, costly, or time consuming. Some are a combination of those three things.

Just like any other hack, you'll never totally resolve the problem because they are always finding ways to thwart the security measures. My thought is that we should at least make it harder for them to do. It may filter some of it.

Lot's of the IP addresses from these spammers come from the same general areas.

All I can say is that we are working on it, and that it helps us greatly when the members PM us when they discover questionable posts. We try to police and do a fairly good job of it, but we can't catch everything.

K

kittens

There really will be the other Binladen will appear as statements of some Muslims have claimed. I do not know everything going on but how do to the innocent people, children continue to suffer the pain mentally and physically.

Winter

I've been here before
There really will be the other Binladen will appear as statements of some Muslims have claimed. I do not know everything going on but how do to the innocent people, children continue to suffer the pain mentally and physically.
???????

Curious what Gary edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.