Proper wearing of a Masonic Ring

Winter

I've been here before
The only jewelry a man should wear is wedding ring, masonic ring, military academy or esteemed university ring and his dog tags. All others are superfluous, destined for the gavel and chisel. One man's opinion, anyhow. Earings are a definite no no.
Really Brother? LOL

Jewelry for men has been the norm among Western culturals far longer than it has not! That's a pretty short list and leaves much out that many Brothers would consider an important piece of jewelery. I wear a star of David necklace. I also have a star of David earing for my left ear. Granted my mother has never been a fan of the earing! lol My point is, men have been adorning themselves with shiney bits of metal in more ways than we could ever enumerate here since time imemorial.

SIR Hatches

Y and S Rites, Shriner
Wearring of the S and C.

Brothers Thank you for your respones,I was taught to wear it with S&C towards the body! In conversation of late some of my brothers have had this debate Im leening towards wearing it with pride is the only way to wear it ! Again Thank YOU !
Like many Masons, the wearring of the ring shall be toward the heart, this is the old tradition of wearring a "Love" or colotta ring.

Semper FIdelis, ALways... SIR Hatches.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Really Brother? LOL

Jewelry for men has been the norm among Western culturals far longer than it has not! That's a pretty short list and leaves much out that many Brothers would consider an important piece of jewelery. I wear a star of David necklace. I also have a star of David earing for my left ear. Granted my mother has never been a fan of the earing! lol My point is, men have been adorning themselves with shiney bits of metal in more ways than we could ever enumerate here since time imemorial.
I wear the Cross and Crown of a Knights Templar charm on a necklace . Before that , I wore a Mariners cross on a necklace when I worked on the river and before that a regular cross since I was 15 yrs. old .

Azpir8king

The only jewelry a man should wear is wedding ring, masonic ring, military academy or esteemed university ring and his dog tags. All others are superfluous, destined for the gavel and chisel. One man's opinion, anyhow. Earings are a definite no no.
Earring (two in left ear), pinky ring (s), skull ring, bear claw ring. Pins galore, Pirate coin necklace.

Nobody has ever told me its too much, a no-no or superfluous.:cool:

Attachments

wolfbrau

I wear the Cross and Crown of a Knights Templar charm on a necklace . Before that , I wore a Mariners cross on a necklace when I worked on the river and before that a regular cross since I was 15 yrs. old .
What did your drill sergeant think of that mariners cross? I would like to include those magnetic bracelets and the MIA bracelets as manly enough, MR T was over the top, though I respected his reason.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I did not wear the Mariners Cross it the Marine Corps , I wore my gold cross and they could say nothing about it , we were allowed to wear one religious emblem on a chain as long as it remained under our t shirts at all times . A Mariners Cross is a religious emblem and I could have still worn it .

And we don't have Drill Sgts .

Casey

MM, RAM, 32nd.
Ohio has no correct way. I've heard several different variations.

Points in to remind you of your obligations, points out to proclaim you are a Mason.
Points in if you have not been WM, points out if you have been WM.
Points in if you are in need of aid, points out if you are in a position to give aid.

I wear mine points in if I am going through tough times, so the working tools are ready for use. When times are good, the points go out so others can use them. :)

Why would anyone whant that kinda ring.... if you dont want anyone to know you are a mason, dont wear anything that will let them know you are one......why have a ring that hides the S&C???

Does the ring have to be taken off to spin? I guess it would be a good $$$ saver if ya didnt want to buy two rings.....it would be cool if the S&C would flip directions as to which way it was pointing.....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I still say the proper way to wear a Masonic ring is on your finger . No one would see it on your toe and it would look funny having a Masonic nose ring .