Riddle me this, riddle me that

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Original premise: Brown, Jones and Smith are a doctor, a lawyer, and a teacher. The teacher, who is an only child, earns the least money. Smith, who married Brown's sister, earns more than the lawyer. What is each man's job?

Brown teacher

Smith doctor

Jones lawyer
Naw, Sparky ... The teacher is an only child & Smith married Brown's sister. Here's my vote:

We know that Brown has a sister, so he cannot be the teacher, so he is either the doctor or the lawyer. Smith makes 'more money than the lawyer', so he is either the teacher or the doctor. We aren't told anything about Jones directly, but as he's the odd man out in both propositions, he's most likely the teacher.

Anyhow, my vote is Brown is the lawyer, Jones is the teacher and Smith is the doctor.

FF Sparky

I used to do these logic problems, with a sheet and a logic graph. But its ben quite a few years. tried to do this in my head.

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
Original premise: Brown, Jones and Smith are a doctor, a lawyer, and a teacher. The teacher, who is an only child, earns the least money. Smith, who married Brown's sister, earns more than the lawyer. What is each man's job?

Naw, Sparky ... The teacher is an only child & Smith married Brown's sister. Here's my vote:

We know that Brown has a sister, so he cannot be the teacher, so he is either the doctor or the lawyer. Smith makes 'more money than the lawyer', so he is either the teacher or the doctor. We aren't told anything about Jones directly, but as he's the odd man out in both propositions, he's most likely the teacher.

Anyhow, my vote is Brown is the lawyer, Jones is the teacher and Smith is the doctor.
We have a winner.

Smith earns more than the lawyer, and he must earn more than the teacher because the teacher earns the least. Therefore, he must be the doctor. Brown has a sister, and since the teacher was an only child, he can't be the teacher, which would make him the lawyer, leaving Jones as the teacher.

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
Why would you ruin a good bucket of beer??? :confused:
I think that riddle is just to hard for me to solve.

Of course, if you beat up the fish while it's swimming in a good bucket of beer would you have..... wait for it.... beer battered fish? :1-pray:

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I think that riddle is just to hard for me to solve.

Of course, if you beat up the fish while it's swimming in a good bucket of beer would you have..... wait for it.... beer battered fish? :1-pray:
:1-say-no::1-say-no::1-say-no::1-say-no:

aww who am I kidding :1-wink-grin::1-say-yes::1-wink-grin::1-say-yes:

Fireman

Where does the white go when the snow melts?
"Unlike most other colors, the color white spontaneously evaporates at temperatures above 32 Farenheit. Coincidentally enough, this is the exact temperature at which snow melts, making white and snow disappear into thin air at the exact same time! This is called the blanc atmospheric resorption process. This is the reason that animals in Arctic became white over time, as atmospheric whiteness stuck to their fur."

wiki.answers.com

FF Sparky

"Unlike most other colors, the color white spontaneously evaporates at temperatures above 32 Farenheit. Coincidentally enough, this is the exact temperature at which snow melts, making white and snow disappear into thin air at the exact same time! This is called the blanc atmospheric resorption process. This is the reason that animals in Arctic became white over time, as atmospheric whiteness stuck to their fur."

wiki.answers.com
Kinda like the dirt/smog/pollution attaches to you in New York City when it rains....lol

H

Hank

I've noticed that, and when the temperature goes below 32 F and it snows the whole place is a lot whiter.

jaya

wiki.answers.com
That is the best answer I have gotten to that question.