So whats going on ???

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Rusty Nail degree?? do tell
It is a degree designed to re-introduce "wayward" Brothers back to Lodge.
It is a refresher of the 3 degrees, their signs, grips, & words along with basic Lodge etiquette. Also known as the "travelers" degree.

Duncan1574

ahh, does it work to help get Brothers back in Lodge?
In theory yes, in practice the first attempt at this degree was canceled because the Brothers who to do the degree work weren't available and we didn't get any Waywards in attendance. :(
I am planning on a bigger PR campaign this time.

FF Sparky

Last night I met up with a member of the Lodge to go over the EA lecture, He asked if I wanted to do the question part as it was shorter and easier to remember. When I sounded of the whole lecture word for word, questions and answers, he gave me the option of whjich to do. I'm going with the answers....lol

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Last night I met up with a member of the Lodge to go over the EA lecture, He asked if I wanted to do the question part as it was shorter and easier to remember. When I sounded of the whole lecture word for word, questions and answers, he gave me the option of whjich to do. I'm going with the answers....lol
Questions?
You have questions in your EA Lecture?
I've heard the EA Catechism done by 2 brothers in front of the candidate in Indiana, sometimes called the 3rd Lecture or the Crossfire. Is this like that?

We don't have that in NC.

S&F

FF Sparky

Questions?
I've heard the EA Catechism done by 2 brothers in front of the candidate in Indiana, sometimes called the 3rd Lecture or the Crossfire. Is this like that?

S&F
I believe it is. Its what we needed to be proficient in to move to the next degree You don't have this in NC?

Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Franks
Questions?

S&F

I believe it is. Its what we needed to be proficient in to move to the next degree You don't have this in NC?
Federal Lodge #17

I think what Brother Franks is means is that in his jurisdiction, as in mine, the EA Q&A's
are not called a "lecture" but is known as the catechism.
In my jurisdiction the EA Lecture is a lecture of about 22- 25 minutes or so and is delivered at the end of the degree work.
My apologies if I am incorrect as to your meaning Bro. Franks.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Questions?

S&F
Here we call it you (insert degree) exam and the person who does it with you in Lodge taught you to read it. It could be a good friend or another Brother.

Bob Franks

As I have attended more EA Degrees in Indiana then any other jurisdiction foreign to NC, I can say that the EA first and second lectures correspond to our Lecture of the Entered Apprentice Degree. We do them as one, they divide them, with the second starting with "A Lodge is a certain number of Masons..." [This is written out in our plain language 'Bahnson' Manual of the Lodge, so is appropriate to post here]
We just don't do the 'crossfire.'
We have an EA Degree for 2 candidates scheduled for 11/21/2011, if anyone can come.

S&F

FF Sparky

Well, I went to Lodge tonight to watch rehearsal for the EA degree. I was informed that I will be sitting in the JS seat. Which is great, because I get to bring in one of my 2 friends that will be going through the degree that night instead of sitting on the side line, along with giving the Lecture/catechism.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Well I just got home from one of the best nights I have had lately at my Lodge. *I hope my Lodge Brothers do not read that* But we had Brother Nagy give us a great lecture. Very exciting, very thoughtful, and I left just going wow and thinking at things as a whole differently. A few times I forgot to write something down in my notes because I did not want to miss what he was saying.

He does not know it, but I think he will be back at least 4 times next year. One lecture per degree, plus a more in depth lecture that he gave tonight. Very grateful to have him in our area and for showing up on short notice. Such a great guy, and I hope I did not make a fool out myself with my questions.

As far as other stuff in the area. Breakfast on Saturday at our Lodge. SR reunion is the 22 & 29. Have the wifes family down then, but I may sneak out for a few new degrees they are putting on.

FF Sparky

Well I just got home from one of the best nights I have had lately at my Lodge. *I hope my Lodge Brothers do not read that* But we had Brother Nagy give us a great lecture. Very exciting, very thoughtful, and I left just going wow and thinking at things as a whole differently. A few times I forgot to write something down in my notes because I did not want to miss what he was saying.

He does not know it, but I think he will be back at least 4 times next year. One lecture per degree, plus a more in depth lecture that he gave tonight. Very grateful to have him in our area and for showing up on short notice. Such a great guy, and I hope I did not make a fool out myself with my questions.

As far as other stuff in the area. Breakfast on Saturday at our Lodge. SR reunion is the 22 & 29. Have the wifes family down then, but I may sneak out for a few new degrees they are putting on.
Brother Nagy? Awesome, I hope to see him at a lecture in the near future

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Well, I went to Lodge tonight to watch rehearsal for the EA degree. I was informed that I will be sitting in the JS seat. Which is great, because I get to bring in one of my 2 friends that will be going through the degree that night instead of sitting on the side line, along with giving the Lecture/catechism.
Congratulations, Brian.

Show your dues card at a K&G Fashion Superstore and get 20% off your tux (and I believe, everything you buy there). It adds up quick.

*Note: the only thing I have to do with K&G is being a loyal customer.

FF Sparky

Congratulations, Brian.

Show your dues card at a K&G Fashion Superstore and get 20% off your tux (and I believe, everything you buy there). It adds up quick.

*Note: the only thing I have to do with K&G is being a loyal customer.
cool...thanx, I'm still planning on Nov 10th for the MM degree, got the time off of work

FF Sparky

I sat in the JS chair tonight and gave the Lecture/catechism. Everyone said I did great, and GL distrrict rep couldn't believe I was raised not long ago. I think it was brotherly love talking. I think I lost 10 pounds sweating too.

I was asked to do this for the FC degree in 2 weeks. I couldn't say no. Back to the books.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I sat in the JS chair tonight and gave the Lecture/catechism. Everyone said I did great, and GL distrrict rep couldn't believe I was raised not long ago. I think it was brotherly love talking. I think I lost 10 pounds sweating too.

I was asked to do this for the FC degree in 2 weeks. I couldn't say no. Back to the books.
I'm sure it was outstanding my Brother. Keep in mind your gauge incase time doesn't permit you to say yes!

Bob Franks

That's GREAT!
It's a little different giving it on the floor of the Lodge, huh?

S&F

FF Sparky

It was...Great...and alot different doing the floor work. I was also told about the Perfect Ashlar award, and that I was probably most of the way thru the list to recieve it. Im getting an email today with the list of things to do for it.

Duncan1574

Attended the installation of the state officers for the Order of the Amaranth over the weekend, sat in the SS chair last night as we moved around to fill the chairs, and volunteered to be on the investigation committee for the latest petition, and voted on another candidate (my first vote).