So whats going on ???

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I was invited 2 weeks ago to help with a MM degree at another Lodge(I was told Caledonia Lodge). Yesterday I was trying to find directions to this Caledonia Lodge. There isn't one, but I found the Lodge I needed to go to(Shepards-Salem Lodge). I arrived with a Brother from my Lodge. Apparently, Caledonia is a degree team(Kilts and all). So I dressed in the uniform(Kilt and all, never thought I would ever wear a Kilt). I acted as JS for the first half, then I was on the FC team for the second half. Now I'm a member of the Caledonia Degree Team.
That's great, Brian!

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Everything was supplied to me. I do need to figure out a way to make it look right on me. I didnt like how it positioned.
There are many, many pictures on the 'Net to help you.
The top of the kilt should be right below your rib cage and the hem should sit at the knee.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Got my MEM on Monday and Entered a Bro. tonight. We were cutting it close on the quorum but made it. One heck of a Charge. *OUCH* broke my arm.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
There are many, many pictures on the 'Net to help you.
The top of the kilt should be right below your rib cage and the hem should sit at the knee.
Yes, indeed. Right under your ribs is your true waist and that is where a kilt is designed to look 'right'. This is also where you should wear your apron. I'm sure we all have seen 'shelf bib', that terrible condition where the bib or flap of an apron sticks out after a Mason rises ... wearing your apron at your true waist will eliminate that condition. True, it looks funny to our modern eyes at first, but it's where the apron and/or the kilt are meant to be worn.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Yes, indeed. Right under your ribs is your true waist and that is where a kilt is designed to look 'right'. This is also where you should wear your apron. [B]I'm sure we all have seen 'shelf bib', that terrible condition where the bib or flap of an apron sticks out after a Mason rises [/B]... wearing your apron at your true waist will eliminate that condition. True, it looks funny to our modern eyes at first, but it's where the apron and/or the kilt are meant to be worn.
Sometimes this condition is caused by the dreaded dunlaps disease --------------------- the terrible condition caused by lack of exercise and overindulgence when the belly dunlaps over the belt:(:confused:

this condition, late arrival at lodge meetings and short apron strings causes the apron to be worn too low.:):)

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Sometimes this condition is caused by the dreaded dunlaps disease --------------------- the terrible condition caused by lack of exercise and overindulgence when the belly dunlaps over the belt:(:confused:

this condition, late arrival at lodge meetings and short apron strings causes the apron to be worn too low.:):)
LOL *snort*! We've got a few Brothers (mostly young) who wear their aprons like they were 'gangstas'. I really don't know how they stay on.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
LOL *snort*! We've got a few Brothers (mostly young) who wear their aprons like they were 'gangstas'. I really don't know how they stay on.
I recall a FC degree at another lodge when the SD (who is about as big around as a pencil, with the same build) was leading the brother around the lodge and his apron, which had been up where it should have been, started dropping with each step and finally ended up on the floor at his feet when he stopped at the Master's pedestal. When he released the brother's arm he calmly bent down, picked up his apron, tightened, repositioned it and caught the brother's arm in time to continue (the Master did slow his delivery to give the SD extra time). I must commend the brothers of this lodge as they didn't snicker or comment on this (I think it wasn't the first time it had happened)and the new FC never knew what had happened.

All I can say is it is tough to catch your apron when your hands are full of rod and a brother's arm.

R

ron-paul

http://www.***************.com/cookies/37/b/happy.gif

"What's Going On" is a song written by Renaldo "Obie" Benson, Al Cleveland, and Marvin Gaye. It was the title track of Gaye's groundbreaking 1971 Motown album What's Going On, and it became a crossover hit single that reached #2 on the pop charts and #1 on the R&B charts.[1] A meditation on the troubles and problems of the world, the song proved a timely and relatable release, and it marked Gaye's departure from the pop stylings of 1960s-era Motown towards more personal material. The song topped a Metro Times list of the 100 Greatest Detroit Songs Of All Time,[2] and in 2004, Rolling Stone magazine ranked it the fourth greatest song of all time.

The song has been covered by multiple artists, notably Cyndi Lauper, whose version reached #12 on the pop singles charts in 1987.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member

"What's Going On" is a song written by Renaldo "Obie" Benson, Al Cleveland, and Marvin Gaye. It was the title track of Gaye's groundbreaking 1971 Motown album What's Going On, and it became a crossover hit single that reached #2 on the pop charts and #1 on the R&B charts.[1] A meditation on the troubles and problems of the world, the song proved a timely and relatable release, and it marked Gaye's departure from the pop stylings of 1960s-era Motown towards more personal material. The song topped a Metro Times list of the 100 Greatest Detroit Songs Of All Time,[2] and in 2004, Rolling Stone magazine ranked it the fourth greatest song of all time.

The song has been covered by multiple artists, notably Cyndi Lauper, whose version reached #12 on the pop singles charts in 1987.
While informative, anyone can Google facts. What is pertinent about your post in regards to this thread besides the title? I'll tell you; "What's going on", is that you seem to be having a great deal of fun posting meaningless thread responses all over our forum.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
It has been terribly quiet of late in here . So tell me what has been going on Masonicly in your lodge or area ?

We have been busy with degree work in my two lodges , I am gearing up for Grand Lodge , I have been lecturing new Masons , studying for YR degrees (the MEM & RA) .
Just found out this morning that there will be a workshop in our Lodge Feb 11th. Something about buildings I think. :1-wink:

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Just found out this morning that there will be a workshop in our Lodge Feb 11th. Something about buildings I think. :1-wink:
I may just come out of hiding for that. Work has had me doing double shifts every day for the last two months. No time for Lodge, no time for fun... Hopefully by then, I'll be back to the normal routine of enjoying hecatombs!

Please PM me the time when it becomes available.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Building Better Builders Workshop
Pearl of the West Lodge, New Port Richie, FL
Come prepared for a Hecatomb!

Saturday, February 11, 2012
Time 9:00am until 3:00pm

Description Masonry is the Art and Science of Building. This workshop teaches Master Masons the Work that brings out Mastery in Masons. It assists Masons toward better understanding the Work that Freemasonry alludes to through its collective writings, Rituals, Lectures and Catechisms.

Tickets $20. Continental Breakfast and Lunch included. Net proceeds to benefit the Masonic Medical Research Laboratory (MMRL)

For further information or tickets for this event, call: Richard Sikes at 727-808-2989 or Pearl of the West at 727-849-4122.

About the Presenter:

Dr. John S. Nagy is a Master Mason and member of Tampa Bay Lodge No. 252 in Tampa Bay, Florida. He is also a member of the Florida Lodge of Research No. 999. Brother Nagy is Lodge Musician and a Masonic Education Provider for both Lodges. He is author of the Building Series of books “Uncommon Masonic Education” volumes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Coach Nagy is a Business Coach, Technical Advisor, a Florida Certified County Court Mediator and an Approved Assistant Mediator Trainer.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer

So, open a topic in "Initiation," introduce yourself and give us a little bit of biography.

S&F