Tyled Forums?

Should FMH develop Tyled Forums?

• Yes, it's long over due

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Yes, as long as there were rules in place.

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Not only no, Heck No!

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
G

Gary

Once again this subject has been brought up. While there are pro's and con's to having our web forums set up with Tyled sections, There are some popular forums doing this and as a result have a more comfortable environment that seems to have a lot more discussion going on between members.

If there are enough votes to convince Jason, Maybe he will set it up for us. Obviously if he does, it will require more work on the behalf of the Moderators, and rules would have to be in place to prevent jurisdictional conflicts.

I feel that this can be worked out, but we need the support from our membership to make this happen.

Besides, if the forums were Tyled, it may very well cut down on a lot of the annoying Spam and Trolling that has been going on recently.

-Rather than having a huge debate, simply vote yes or no. We can discuss this further if the vote has more Yes votes than rejections. I don't want arguments or members being coerced into voting one way or another. Your vote will be private, as I've disabled the feature that shows which way a member voted.

G

Gary

I can't say the poll will change anything, but so far there are more for it than against. Even if this were to win by a landslide, it's just like Freemasonry. Nothing changes without a LOT of work and support from the brethren.

I may let the poll run through the weekend, and hopefully Jason will take a look at it.

We'll see what happens.

Winter

I've been here before
I just don't see how it can work when it comes to jurisdictional differences. If two individuals are in the tyled section from jurisdictions that do not recognize each other and they have discourse on Masonic subjects they have both violated their Ob.

This is why i stay off the tyled sections of other forums. Even if you say that to be a part of the tyled section you must be from a jurisdiction recognized by the UGLE there are issues. UGLE recognized PHA while some American GL's don't.

But the Admins here are good guys and if anyone can make it work they can.

Sorry Gary, I know you didn't want it to turn into a debate, I just wanted to weigh in.

G

Gary

I just don't see how it can work when it comes to jurisdictional differences. If two individuals are in the tyled section from jurisdictions that do not recognize each other and they have discourse on Masonic subjects they have both violated their Ob.

This is why i stay off the tyled sections of other forums. Even if you say that to be a part of the tyled section you must be from a jurisdiction recognized by the UGLE there are issues. UGLE recognized PHA while some American GL's don't.

But the Admins here are good guys and if anyone can make it work they can.

Sorry Gary, I know you didn't want it to turn into a debate, I just wanted to weigh in.
<slaps forehead> That's exactly why I wanted to save the debate until after the poll. I realize the obstacles. We've discussed that before.

I'm looking for solutions to stop the mayhem that plagues us. It's wide open here, and I'd like a little more control over who visits and posts, as well as a more suitable environment to discuss what we already do here publicly.

If we are discussing this stuff with PHA or other's now, aren't some of us in violation of our OB already? Let's rephrase the "Tyled forum" to a restricted access to join and participate. Not so much as a place to go deeper than we already do with discussions.

Winter

I've been here before
If we are discussing this stuff with PHA or other's now, aren't some of us in violation of our OB already?
I'm not. But I will be when I become a member of the GL of FL.

Sorry about the head slap. But you know what happens when you get 2 Freemasons in a room. You get 3 opinions! lol

G

Gary

LOL... Read my edited post...LOL Hopefully that makes a little more sense.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Not sure how to handle the differences between to different GLs and their list of clandestine Masons. Separate tyled forum for each GL? (Theres a Charlie Foxtrot). How about Sister Pamela (Not sure if that is her name), she is a WM in her Lodge and by our OBs she is verboten,

G

Gary

My object is not to segregate jurisdictions. My point is to tighten up security for those that apply to join the forum to begin with.

There is no difference from what we are doing now in comparison to the violations taking place. Right now it's open season for anyone regardless of the jurisdiction or conflicts to join and post. For all we know, we are all violating our OB's.

What I'm saying is let's tighten up the reigns and stop the spammers and trolls from having a field day.

I'm not asking us to delve any deeper into discussion than we already have.

I've just become very tired of having to police the idiots starting trouble. Like I said, rename "Tyled" to "restricted" and filtered membership based on approval.

The forum for the GL of Indiana does that...they verify each registrant. It can be time consuming. Send Br. Hodapp an email, hes an admin for the forum for the GLoIN

I like the term "verification"..... it is not require to be a mason...but just letting someone put an email in the registration and gaining immediate access is how the spamming gets crazy.

Winter

I've been here before
I'm on the other side. I love Troll Hunting. And it does wonders for a person's post count! lol

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Well if you want, send your information to Gary and he will verify you are who you say you are.

G

Gary

Well if you want, send your information to Gary and he will verify you are who you say you are.
Nice....LOL

Folks, I guess we have an official answer now. We now return you to our regularly scheduled program...