Tyled Forums?

Should FMH develop Tyled Forums?

• Yes, it's long over due

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Yes, as long as there were rules in place.

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Not only no, Heck No!

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
G

Gary

Oh that's right. The cooky guys do the work at the fire, you just give them a ladder to climb... ;)

Oh that's right. The cooky guys do the work at the fire, you just give them a ladder to climb... ;)
Chuckle,chuckle......Not only are you very well versed in masonic rhetoric but you are a comedian too.........:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D......it is yet to be decided how well the comedy career will be:p

G

Gary

It would definitely liven things up a bit, and probably not in a good way. Personally, I love the banter that we share. It's all in good fun, and to me it shows real brotherhood.

What most people outside of a firehouse don't know is that if we don't like you, we won't talk to you let alone pick on you!

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Nice....LOL

Folks, I guess we have an official answer now. We now return you to our regularly scheduled program...
Well, unless someone wants to create a list, call and verify each and every membership, figure out who can communicate Masonically with each other, and then publish the list somewhere, saying XYZ can talk or not talk with ZYX. Check every month to make sure member is still in good standing, or Lodge charter has not be revoked. Lettuce hope that it is not someone who found a dues card or name of a Mason and is pretending to be one. Although I think it would be rare, stranger things have happened.

How will not be violating your obligation?

Get Masons world wide to agree on something? I think the second coming would happen first.

I do believe themasonicsociety.com provides "tyled" sections.

I just do not wish to see other letters like this one from someone who as a moderator at another forum with a 'tyled' section.

Recently I received a call from the office of the Master of my GL. I was informed that I was being considered for Masonic Charges for

1) Associating with irregular and clandestinely made Masons.

2) Speaking ill against brother Masons and against the officers of a Grand Lodge.

3) Promoting the thought of association with clandestinely made or irregular Masons.

4) Publically suggesting acceptance of irregular Masons.

5) Being an officer in an online lodge (Super Moderator)

G

Gary

Enough said Brother. Please delete this thread, and consider the issue closed. Thank you for the response and explanation.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Lettuce hope that it is not someone who found a dues card or name of a Mason and is pretending to be one. Although I think it would be rare, stranger things have happened.
This has happened before . Someone found scanned copies of dues cards on line and tried to get in lodges here in Ky. It is not beyond the realm of the imagination that they could have gained entrance into "Tyled" forums . How they found them is beyond me , but if I had to guess , it may have been Masons scanning in their dues cards to get into Tyled forums and the forum may have been hacked . I know a couple of years ago a couple of Masonic forums were hacked .

Also , I have some older brothers who have not embraced E-Masonry and view it with some trepidation . It is not that they are against it , but in whom we come in contact with . If we went the route of calling lodge Secretaries (as an old Masonic forum did ) , that could cause me some grief . I do not hide that I am on Masonic forums , but I do not announce it neither .

G

Gary

Again, I apologize for allowing this issue to be brought up again.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Why, I think a verified system would be nice. I do not have the time to call and verify every single person here with their Lodge and keep a list up to date. So again, if you want to do that, go ahead. I can even have it so you can add a verified/verified on X/X/X/last verified on x/x/x under their name, like you have moderator. This can be on a volunteer based system.

As far as a 'tyled' section. Masonry is not built for the internet, and there is no way until again, all Masonic Grand Lodges get on the same page about who is recognized and who is not. Sadly I do not see this happening. I would be happy just to see the GLoF recognize PH in my life time.

But maybe if someone sees a verified, and they want to communicate, and talk tyled stuff (which my understanding coming from a DDGM is pretty much hand shakes, passwords, pass grips, and tokens) through the PM system then go for it. Then it is on them, just as if they called someone on the phone who they never met and told them the password is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. The repercussions would be upon them. And those that are not allowed to visit forums that have a tyled section, can still visit here.

G

Gary

I've decided against pursuing it any further. I do appreciate your taking the time and offering solutions.

Winter

I've been here before
Again, I apologize for allowing this issue to be brought up again.
Bad Gary! LOL Just kidding Brother. No prob bouncing ideas around. That's why we do it. Other Brothers may see stumbling blocks we don't ourselves.

Winter

I've been here before
<snip> I would be happy just to see the GLoF recognize PH in my life time. <snip>
That will be one of the difficulties in my moving to Florida since I enjoy such great fraternal relations with my PHA Brothers here in Wisconsin.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Brothers, I know we have to follow the rules under the GL that we are a member of. What about members who hold plural membership in plural jurisdictions? To make this even more confusing, here in Ohio you can hold dual membership in MS and PHA, so I've been told. What if that person holds the two memberships here but then moves to a non mutal recgonition state.

Just these small differences I could see making a world of trouble.

That will be one of the difficulties in my moving to Florida since I enjoy such great fraternal relations with my PHA Brothers here in Wisconsin.
If you keep your mother Lodge in WI and exercise your visitation rights, couldnt you have the best of both worlds?
;)