My 1st lodge Dinner

So Next mouth. I will be attending A dinner. At there lodge over. Any advice? I know just to be my self and everything should be fine. Is there anymore advice you guys can give me?

MWS

You really don't need to worry about a thing. Your friend who has invited you will surely take you under his wing. Just a few things you might want to keep in mind for the lodge dinner...or any social gathering Masonic or not:
  • Smile and introduce yourself, even to the grouchy old "brother Bill" in the corner. Shake hands and make the effort, you're among good people.
  • Be prepared to say a few words if necessary. I'm not sure how it works in your jurisdiction, but we have a toast to any visitors...you might want to have a response ready. Just a sentence or two, nothing long winded.
  • Take the opportunity to ask questions, it's a chance for you to get to know them (and them you) in a relaxed environment.
Have fun and let us know how it goes.

When meeting new. People I'm kinda shy at 1st. I always been way. Ever since I was kid. I have some Social anxiety. It also depends on how many people is there. But once I do get to know them it's not as bad.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
All right Brothers... Lets mind our Compasses and square our actions so that we are on the level.

James has made an effort to improve his posts here, the least we can do is give him the benefit of the doubt. Lets see what the Lodge he is petitioning has to say about him.

We have our ways of sorting the wheat from the chaff. Lets let the the threshing floor be our guide. Time will tell the truth.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
James, please dont think the Brothers who are sceptical of you are trying to bully you in any way.

By nature we are a very protective group. They are only looking out for our forum. We have had our share of trolls and posers. I dont blame them for being cautious in accepting you. You have to prove yourself worthy. That comes with time and by your actions.

Can you tell us which lodge you are petitioning and where you are located please?

MWS

If he didn't tell you anything specific, I'd wear business casual. A nice pair of slacks and a button down/golf shirt.
You're not sitting in Lodge just yet, it sounds like a social event.

I'm going to wear. the shirt I warred to grandma's funereal . Its only one dress shirts I have. I need to think of .Something to talk about there. I can't talk about Politics there. So I need to think of something eels.

I asked my friend. If he could give me a ride over there. If I just walk in. There by my self I feel kinda odd. Since I don't know anybody there. Besides my friend.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Meeting new people can be intimidating. Most of the men there will be Masons, you will be fine.