another website

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I was raised in October this year. I fail, too. ;)
Normally, you do get your dues card when you are Raised and have completed any requirements (in Mass., you have to attend 3 Lodge of Instruction meetings). Since it's been a couple of months now, you should have your dues card.

Effingham

MEDIA VITA IN MORTE SVMMVS
No, our GL is running behind on issuing the new (plastic) cards, and it's kind of become an in joke amongst some in our Lodge. ;)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Well... It would prevent them from wearing out, and are much harder to fake I would imagine.

Sure would . But I have further questions though . I wonder what would the cost run on say 40,ooo plastic cards VS. 40,000 paper cards a year ? I am always looking at Grand Lodge wasteful spending .

arcxjo

Goat Jockey
The Scottish Rite NMJ sent out plastic dues cards a year or two ago. No extra long-term expense, since they're intended to be permanent.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Permanent , this is for those who have paid lifetime memberships correct ? I can not see that working for those who pay every year in our Craft lodges seeing how our dues cards change every year .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Permanent , this is for those who have paid lifetime memberships correct ? I can not see that working for those who pay every year in our Craft lodges seeing how our dues cards change every year .
Florida has plastic cards for Perpetual members. However, some people have raised concerns and have questioned people with the cards as they have no year, no signature and are to my understanding, fairly new.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
This is what I was getting at , and thanks for the input Jason . I can rap my head around plastic dues cards for perpetual/lifetime members BUT NOT for those of us who do not have the perpetual/lifetime membership option .This is why I am questioning who receives these plastic cards . We do not have the option of perpetual/lifetime membership , we must pay dues every year and Our cards change color/dates every year . So if we are given plastic cards , they would still have to have new ones issued every year so a person who has been suspended for NPD may not gain access into our lodges .

Not trying to make this into a big deal , just trying to wrap my mind around this idea as a money saving option . Plastic dues cards has to be more costly than paper dues cards IF issued every year (but I could be wrong) .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I just had a thought , each member could be issued plastic dues cards that have small stickers with the year (like my states organ donor stickers on our DLs') . Different color/year every year , and when dues are paid , the secretary would give them the sticker and have a place on the back like credit cards to add our signatures . It would be like when we , in my state , pay our yearly vehicle tax . We do not (always) get new plates , we just get a sticker that is a different color and the new date . Makes it easier for the police to see if your tags (taxes) have expired .

I think I may be on to something here to pass along to the GM . Get me some brownie points or laughed at (J/K) .

Winter

I've been here before
Does anyone else find it amusing and maybe a little sad that we spend so much time, money, and energy on membership cards when Freemasons are known for our secret handshakes and passwords to tell who is actually a Freemason? ;) There's a comic strip in this somewhere. LoL

TH2012

The last Grandmaster, that was sentence to death and during his persecution, he was on his knees in prayer,.

TH2012

He had also tried to unite with other Brethren, of Freemasons and the Pope heard of this and sentenced his death.

TH2012

He had actually moved from the Country, from which he had protected, because his men, were getting to comfortable and he wanted to keep his men, alert in their duties and in doing so himself and many of his men were captured and killed.

jaya

What are you talking about? It appears you are talking about Jacques de Molay but he has nothing to do with this thread.

TH2012

I was discussing the membership cards and the history of mine, but in reading other threads, they tend to change along the way.