Building Boaz Book Challenge

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
It shrinks to match the other side. Making it oblong is a helping tool for the EA because 1) He hasn't masted W, S, or B to make his own Sq. 2) The EA is working on the large stones, he needs a larger square to do his work. 3.) The Master's square is used to check work. This means the attention to fine detail will require a smaller square and if he needs a large square for the task he make make one. 345

CoachN

Builder Builder
More than you might ever what to know...

moriya - nf3-127

MORIYA is from the Hebrew, meaning GOD IS MY TEACHER (Kolatch, Alfred J. 1984. The Complete Dictionary of English and Hebrew First Names. Middle Village: Jonathan David. 380). MORIYA is from the Hebrew MORAH , Mem Vav Resh Yud Hey, meaning TEACHER, SCHOOL TEACHER, MASATER, INSTRUCTOR, EDUCATOR, TUTOR (Alcalay, R. The Complete Hebrew English Dictionary. Jerusalem: Massada. 1243). and YAH meaning GOD (Alcalay, R. The Complete Hebrew English Dictionary. Jerusalem: Massada. 911).
MORIAH is an Anglicized spelling. Variant spellings - MORIA, MORIYAH

Hebrew Bible name - Moriah was the name of the mountain where Abraham prepared to sacrifice his son Isaac (Genesis 22: 2).
Miriam was the sister of Moses and Aaron (Numbers 26:59).
When a daughter of Pharaoh found the infant Moses in the reeds, it was Miriam who suggested to the princess that she could find a wet nurse for the child and brought her mother to the palace (Exodus 2:5-10).
It was Miriam the prophet who led the people across the Red Sea with singing and dancing (Exodus 15:20).
The LORD [YAH] is my strength and song (Exodus 15:2).
And he said, For the hand is on the throne of Jah [YAH] Exodus 17:16

Biblical research - “The structure of the menorah itself is very similar to the Israeli Moriah plant or salvia palaestina, an attractive plant with four branches on either side that emerge from a central stem. Lit with olive oil, the menorah in Israel not only marked a military victory, it was a celebration of the natural world of Israel, the moriah, the almond, the olive tree, at a time when most plants lie dormant. The light offered from this candelabrum in combination with its plant imagery, took the onlooker away from the blight of winter to a warm, sunny, plant-filled place in the imagination” (Moriah plant).

G

Gary

Thank you for sharing that. I found it very interesting. I happen to like salvia (it's a beautiful plant), olives, and almonds. I wonder if there is a connection there...LOL

I don't want to push off topic, but I have a question; Would you be willing to explain what "Yud" is for those who may not know? ( I may be confusing this with Yod), If so, please excuse me. I'm having a brain fart at the moment. I'm sure Bro. Winter could also add some light to the subject. If need be, I'll wait for the appropriate time to address this.