Building Boaz Book Challenge

CoachN

Builder Builder
Question 13: With "Moriah" as our foundation, what can you then say that our Temples are Built upon?

CoachN

Builder Builder
Thank you for sharing that. I found it very interesting. I happen to like salvia (it's a beautiful plant), olives, and almonds. I wonder if there is a connection there...LOL

I don't want to push off topic, but I have a question; Would you be willing to explain what "Yud" is for those who may not know? ( I may be confusing this with Yod), If so, please excuse me. I'm having a brain fart at the moment. I'm sure Bro. Winter could also add some light to the subject. If need be, I'll wait for the appropriate time to address this.
I'll defer to Brother Winter on this. It is a most excellent Inquery and it deserves a most excellent Response.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
By setting aside self to allow for proper light and wind therefore allowing Deity to lead us to more understanding.

Winter

I've been here before
Thank you for sharing that. I found it very interesting. I happen to like salvia (it's a beautiful plant), olives, and almonds. I wonder if there is a connection there...LOL

I don't want to push off topic, but I have a question; Would you be willing to explain what "Yud" is for those who may not know? ( I may be confusing this with Yod), If so, please excuse me. I'm having a brain fart at the moment. I'm sure Bro. Winter could also add some light to the subject. If need be, I'll wait for the appropriate time to address this.
Sorry Brothers, I only just saw this today. I wasn't following this thread.

Yud, yod, yood, are all the same. They are just different spellings. Using English letters to write out Hebrew words is sometimes a guess since Hebrew has no vowels, only consonants. So there are sometimes multiple spellings in English for Hebrew words.

Yod is very important in Masonic teachings. If you remember, the yod adorns the 14th degree ring. Pike discusses the yod in Morals & Dogma and how in English Lodges, the letter G incorrectly replaces the yod in Lodges, both above the WM in the East and within the S&C. The letter yod is the first letter of the name of Deity and also stands in itself for the name. The yod is seen as the perfect symbol.

I could go on at some length about the mystical aspects of the Hebrew letter yod. It has a very powerful place in Jewish mysticism. But I will leave you with a story told to me by the rabbis long ago. The Hebrew letter yod, which is also the number 10 (all Hebrew letters are numbers. Look up "Gematria") is the perfect symbol of brotherly love. In ancient times the number ten was displayed as two hands clasped, 5+5=10, to show that true perfection and unity is achieved by reaching out your hand to your fellow human with love.

I am sure I did not do that story justice, but you get the idea.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Question 14: What is the significance of this Mountain’s name to Masonic Work?
All Masons Build their Temples founded upon God as their Instructor/Teacher. This is why problems occur with non-believers.

Question 15: Based upon the history of the Masonic Temple Mount, what does the checkered pavement represent?

FF Sparky

I did a quick search, i found your explaination of it on another forum Coach, so I will wait to see what others say first.

FF Sparky

part of the explanation has to do with winnowing right? which I learned today and was along the lines of what I was thinking before I searched it.