Question About The Initiation Ritual

I'm glad I found this thread. Since the major subject was clandestine lodges, I'm supposed to be going through an initiation also this coming Friday. I also live in the same state as the guy who started the thread. I looked it up on the GL of GA website and didn't see this lodge's name, nor their GL. The lodge name is: Malachi No. 4
Their GL name is: Most Worshipful John Pine Grand Lodge

Anyone know anything about this? I don't want to go through the initiation only to find out that I'm not recognized anywhere else.
We can not tell you what to do but I will STRONGLY suggest that you reconsider this "initiation" if you wish to be thought of as a Mason.... look on the GL of GA website and find a recognized close to you if you wish to join a recognized Lodge/GL......

FF Sparky

Ky has one but they fly under the radar , we hear nothing from them and are primarily within the black communities in the larger cities such as Louisville .

Here is a great list of bogus Grand Lodges...... Commission on Bogus Masonry

And FF Sparky , you are correct , there are none listed in CT . Georgia on the other hand has more than you can shake a stick at .....
Good link. I bookmarked it. 37 states out of 50 with bogus lodges.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Ohio has quite a bit of them too. Had a friend petition my Lodge after talking to a clandestine about Masonry. On a positive note, the fellow told my friend he wouldn't be a recognized member in most places. Which lead him on a seach to me.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Ohio has quite a bit of them too. Had a friend petition my Lodge after talking to a clandestine about Masonry. On a positive note, the fellow told my friend he wouldn't be a recognized member in most places. Which lead him on a seach to me.
Massachusetts has a few, too. Where's the EIEIO when you need them?

Derric

We can not tell you what to do but I will STRONGLY suggest that you reconsider this "initiation" if you wish to be thought of as a Mason.... look on the GL of GA website and find a recognized close to you if you wish to join a recognized Lodge/GL......
Well, these guys aren't recognized by neither the GL of GA nor the PHGL. They say that they aren't Prince Hall. I called the GLofGA to see if there was a possibility that this lodge could be legitimately, but not added to their site. They assured me that the only lodge they have under that number is in a completely different part of GA.

I would hate to walk away from the initiation since these seem to be good guys, but I don't want to waste my time with a bogus lodge.

Question: will walking away from this initiation ruin my name in the masonic community?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
No , walking away would not ruin your name within OUR Masonic community . If anything , we would be proud that you did walk away from that bogus group and petitioned a REGULAR GL .

It is sad when young/new members of these bogus lodges come on these forums or meet Masons in person and find out that they can not communicate with us because we do not recognize them as true and lawful Brother Masons .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
You called???
Easy bro , easy ! Windrider was joking , we do not need to turn you loose right now , havoc and mayhem will ensue .

Brethren , do not call on the EIEIO unless you really need them , you get Bro. Patrick all wound up for no reason and there will be hell to pay .

J/K , lol .

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Easy bro , easy ! Windrider was joking , we do not need to turn you loose right now , havoc and mayhem will ensue .

Brethren , do not call on the EIEIO unless you really need them , you get Bro. Patrick all wound up for no reason and there will be hell to pay .

J/K , lol .
No mayhem? No havoc? You guys just aren't any fun!!!

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Oh, sure ... you laugh now, Bukeye. But when the EIEIO is at your door, there will be no more laughing!
Hey Hey, I'm with "the Voices", I know. I respect the work you do. I just missed last meeting. Someone told me it was in Kitchita, Wansas. I still don't know where that is. :confused::1-say-no::confused:

bcnu

What exactly would the purpose of a clandestine lodge be? What is the point of it? I see this is an old thread so don't feel obliged to answer, I understand, just reading through here and this is fascinating stuff. John