Riddle me this, riddle me that

jaya

Ask either one what door the other would tell me to take and then take the oposite.

The reasoning if you ask the one that tells the truth, then he gives the answer for the one that lies and you know not to take that one. If you ask the one that lies he answers for the one to tell the truth, but his answer is a lie so you do not take that one. Either way, the door to take ends up being the oposite of the answer.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Ask either one what door the other would tell me to take and then take the oposite.

The reasoning if you ask the one that tells the truth, then he gives the answer for the one that lies and you know not to take that one. If you ask the one that lies he answers for the one to tell the truth, but his answer is a lie so you do not take that one. Either way, the door to take ends up being the oposite of the answer.
Ding ding ding.... we have a winner. Enjoy your time with the Lady.

Shall we try the Riddle of the Sphinx?

What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs at noon and three in the evening?

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
There are two guards in front of two doors. You know one always lies and the other always tells the truth. Behind one door is a beautiful woman who will lead you to freedom and riches beyond your dreams behind the other door is a hungry tiger who is trained to never eat guards. You are allowed one question asked of one guard. What is your question?
I'd ask which one is the liar.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Homo sapiens????
Another winner :)

In the morning of our lives we crawl on 4 limbs.
In the prime of our lives we walk upright on two legs.
And finally at the end of our days we use a cane (some have two balls) to help us walk.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
The liar would point to the one that tells the truth and the one that tells the truth would point to the liar. Then you would be out of questions.
Yup. The puzzle is one of the oldest around, called "The Lady and the Tiger". It has been used in several TV shows notably an episode of Doctor Who when Tom Baker was The Doctor.

OK, since I'm on a logic puzzle kick, try this one:

A farmer has a bag of grain, a chicken and a pet fox. He is bringing them to his neighbor's farm across the river but the boat can only hold him and one of the things he needs to bring. The chicken will eat the grain if left alone with it. The fox will eat the chicken if left alone with it. How can the farmer get all three of them across the river intact?

jaya

Farmer takes chicken across
Farmer takes grain across, brings back chicken
Farmer takes fox across
Farmer takes chicken across and all are safely over.

I will quit answering these. We need some that are challenging.

Azpir8king

A little girl tells you, "Hey I was seven years old two days ago, but I'll be ten next year." How is this possible?

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
A little girl tells you, "Hey I was seven years old two days ago, but I'll be ten next year." How is this possible?
She is talking to you on New Year's Day and her birthday is December 31. Two days ago (12/30) she was 7. She turned 8 on 12/31. She'll turn 9 on 12/31 of this year, and 10 next year.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Farmer takes chicken across
Farmer takes grain across, brings back chicken
Farmer takes fox across
Farmer takes chicken across and all are safely over.

I will quit answering these. We need some that are challenging.
You are hereby retired to the Hall of Fame. :1-pray: