MM Topic FM & Religion

Yes, your Ritual. This is the result on many innovations over many years by many bodies of men in many countries.

You were also told that Freemasonry is "a beautiful/peculiar system of morality veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols."

What exactly do you think is being veiled? ;)

Then, please, Brother, tell me... is it the New or the Old Testament that is being used in the symbolic degrees to veil and illustrate?
What about your ritual.... does it not include references from the Bible?

What is being veiled......dont have that figured out.... just going on face value for the sake of discussion....

Old testament......

G

Gary

hmmmm..... that wouldnt be a poke at yours truly would it???
Who... Me? Nah! I was poking at whomever doesn't see it for what it is. You see it, you just refuse to acknowledge it. ;)

Yes, your Ritual. This is the result on many innovations over many years by many bodies of men in many countries.

You were also told that Freemasonry is "a beautiful/peculiar system of morality veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols."

What exactly do you think is being veiled? ;)

Then, please, Brother, tell me... is it the New or the Old Testament that is being used in the symbolic degrees to veil and illustrate?
I'm going have to get some popcorn... This should be good....

Who... Me? Nah! I was poking at whomever doesn't see it for what it is. You see it, you just refuse to acknowledge it. ;)
Lets focus for a minute of the outward appearance for a second.... Yes I get where ya are coming from and agree..... just think in the literal words in the ritual...

I'm going have to get some popcorn... This should be good....
Na.... I never write much of interest.....

G

Gary

Why would I want to do that? Why take a literal interpretation when you can get a much deeper understanding by analyzing the allegory?

G

Gary

You've exhausted your argument for literal interpretation. I think Coach even reiterated that fact.

You've exhausted your argument for literal interpretation. I think Coach even reiterated that fact.
Well..... I am not even sure I could muster a very good debate to counter the allegorical side..... you and I are probably way to close on it to make it much of a debate..... I will have to allow a new person to bear that burden.....

G

Gary

I already did that earlier. You just want me in the hot seat for a while. This is your thread...LOL

I already did that earlier. You just want me in the hot seat for a while. This is your thread...LOL
Start a new one on the allegorical meanings....... AND H E double hockey sticks YES I would love to see you in the hot seat.....it will give me a break...LOL

CoachN

Builder Builder
What about your ritual.... does it not include references from the Bible?
It includes veiled allegorical and illustrated symbolic references from parts of the Old Testament.
What is being veiled......dont have that figured out.... just going on face value for the sake of discussion....
How about "Morality" - specifically, from the cradle of Western civilization?
Old testament......
WOW! Just like mine! Imagine that! ;)

So, you admit and agree that it is not Christianity that your Ritual is based upon but something much older and more inclusive?

It includes veiled allegorical and illustrated symbolic references from parts of the Old Testament.
Yep....which is part of the Holy Bible

How about "Morality" - specifically, from the cradle of Western civilization?
Cant argue against this one

WOW! Just like mine! Imagine that! ;)
Great minds think alike:D

So, you admit and agree that it is not Christianity that your Ritual is based upon but something much older and more inclusive?
Never said or thought is was based on Christianity..... said the ritual used in modern times in my neck of the woods,takes its lessons/verses from the Holy Bible which is considered the Holy book in the Christian faith.....I also do agree that the HB may have only been used as a reference book for the time period the ritual was written.....and there is more than meets the eye...